Thank you to everyone who submitted an audition video for the 2021-2022 Cornell University Dance Team. CUDT auditions were wildly successful with a record number of applicants. We were very impressed by the caliber of dance and individual passion everyone displayed. At this time, auditions are under review but we are no longer accepting video auditions, nor will we host in-person auditions in the fall.
If you are a high schooler interested in CUDT in the future, read below to learn about some desired skills and techniques so you can better prepare yourself for future auditions!
Your video should highlight your personality and skills as a dancer. Remember that this is your chance to introduce yourself to us and show us what you can do!
WHAT TO INCLUDE
- Introduction (max two minutes)
- A brief introduction of yourself, including your name, hometown, intended major, dance experience, and why you want to join the team.
- Double pirouette (right, left)
- Triple pirouette (right, left)
- Turns in second (2 counts of 8 into a double with landing, right required, left optional, state your better side)
- Kicks (front, side, back on both sides)
- Tilts (right, left)
- Splits (front, left, center)
- Toe touch
- Front (right, left)
- Side leap
- Calypso (right, left)
- Optional Tricks
- Max turns
- Ariels (front, side)
- Advanced turn sequences
- Turns into tricks
- Back tucks
- Walkovers (front, back)
- Tryout Jazz Routine – Sugar and Spice (1:00 minute)
- Tryout Pom Routine – 365 (0:30 seconds)
- Optional: submit your own additional solo of any style (max 1:00)
We typically will teach a jazz and pom combination for auditions. Being familiar with these styles will be helpful.
Videos should be uploaded onto YouTube. Please email the video link to email@example.com with [First Name Last Name Audition Video] as the subject. Prior to submitting audition videos, make sure the audition survey is completed (link above). Decisions will be released in late May/early June. NOTE: If you are offered a spot on the 2021-2022 team, there is a mandatory new member meeting on June 5th from 12:00-2:00pm going over the contract, in which you will be able to ask any questions before committing to the team for the 2021-2022 season. If you submit an audition, please keep this date and time tentatively free.