Audition Information for the 2021-2022 season is LIVE!!! Auditions will be held virtually and asynchronously this semester due to Covid-19 concerns. Please refer to all of the information below for what should be included in your audition video.
Submission Information: Video auditions are due May 7th, 2021 by 11:59pm, regardless of admission status. Please email your video audition to firstname.lastname@example.org and
complete the tryout registration here.
Your video should highlight your personality and skills as a dancer. Remember that this is your chance to introduce yourself to us and show us what you can do!
WHAT TO INCLUDE
- Introduction (max two minutes)
- A brief introduction of yourself, including your name, hometown, intended major, dance experience, and why you want to join the team.
- Double pirouette (right, left)
- Triple pirouette (right, left)
- Turns in second (2 counts of 8 into a double with landing, right required, left optional, state your better side)
- Kicks (front, side, back on both sides)
- Tilts (right, left)
- Splits (front, left, center)
- Toe touch
- Front (right, left)
- Side leap
- Calypso (right, left)
- Optional Tricks
- Max turns
- Ariels (front, side)
- Advanced turn sequences
- Turns into tricks
- Back tucks
- Walkovers (front, back)
- Tryout Jazz Routine – Sugar and Spice (1:00 minute)
- Tryout Pom Routine – 365 (0:30 seconds)
- Optional: submit your own additional solo of any style (max 1:00)
Linked below are videos to learn the required routines.
- Jazz Routine
- Pom Routine
Videos should be uploaded onto YouTube. Please email the video link to email@example.com with [First Name Last Name Audition Video] as the subject. Prior to submitting audition videos, make sure the audition survey is completed (link above). Decisions will be released in late May/early June.